2.13.2556

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 
Bethesda

  
 Video Games - Best Sellers 

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)

So, I recently began playing this game again because, for all its problems, I still love it. My ps3 downloaded the latest 1.4 patch which seems to have fixed the game. After eighty hours of play with no lag it seems like the latest patch has made the game playable even after the save file is 8mb. Only twice did the game freeze on me and a glitch seems to be preventing me from finishing the Forbidden Legend mission which is really annoying. Other than that, the game plays beautifully, even after hours of continuous play. I decided to upgrade my rating back to the original five because, for all the problems the ps3 version had, this game deserves it.

*Original review with updates*
Before I begin, I should point that I'm still a recent convert to Elder Scrolls fandom, having never played Morrowind, let alone the two before that. In fact, I only played Oblivion for the first time this year. Oblivion was the first open-world RPG I'd ever played and was also the only one that took me months and months to get tired of, having little patience for RPGs longer than 60+ hours. Once I was hooked, I wanted Skyrim as badly as anyone else because I knew that even if it was only better than Oblivion by a factor of 1.1 it'd still be a godly masterpiece.

With that said, this will mostly compare the two, Oblivion and Skyrim.

For starters, the character creation is more stream-lined and simpler than Oblivion's while still giving nearly infinite choices. I admit the character creation in Oblivion was a bit of a joke since none of the races looked very appealing in the first place and looked more like rejects from a low budget CGI movie. The Dark Elves didn't look menacing, they looked like red-eyed Keebler elves; the Argonians looked like anthropomorphic iguanas and everyone else looked like dolls.
Skyrim's character's look real and beautiful this time, and fine-tuning their features is easier since all the slider bars go from 1-5 or 1-10 instead of a mind-numbing 1-50. Coloring your Argonian is no longer a chore that involves fighting with the color sliders every step of the way. If you want a rainbow colored Argonian you can do it. Eyes are no longer off limits either, nor are scaring or face-paint if so desired.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น